At Braidburn we challenge and educate our learners whilst valuing and nurturing everyone in an inclusive environment. We promote maximum independence in an atmosphere of mutual respect, compassion, trust and fairness.
At Braidburn we aim to:
- Provide a coherent, broad and balanced curriculum from 3 to 18 in line with the principles of Curriculum for Excellence and appropriate to the complex needs of the individual learner.
- Work with learners, parents and therapists to set appropriate individualised learning outcomes, which are shared, evaluated and regularly updated.
- Provide a total communication environment.
- Challenge our learners to develop their full potential through a variety of approaches including: inclusive technology, the MOVE programme, the visual and hearing impairment support team and a sensory curriculum.
- To develop skills for learning, life and work through a range of experiences and activities in school, via split-placements and in the wider community
- Work with partners using robust self evaluation approaches to improve outcomes for learners and develop strong relationships.
- Use a holistic approach to promote health and well-being and equality and to celebrate diversity.