Braidburn Parent Council brings parents and carers together with the school leadership team. We represent the views of parents to address issues, celebrate successes and support school improvement.
What we do
We meet at the School about 4 times a year, usually on a Monday evening. All parents and carers are welcome to come along, join the discussion and hear about all the things going on in the school.
At our meetings we:
- talk about and decide how the parent council can help with issues raised by parents and carers
- hear the latest school news and achievements from the Head Teacher and Deputy Head
- sometimes invite people in to tell us about things that are important for our learners or the school
How we help
We help with a wide range of school needs and issues. Over the past couple of years, we have
- supported parents dealing with cuts to transport and playscheme provision
- organised an event for parents to hear about activities for disabled children
- paid for the catering at the family ceilidh
- made story and sensory bags for the children
Who we are
Our board is made up of parents and carers who have children at the school. The current people in the board roles are:
Chair – Leigh Ferrand
Vice Chair – Rachel Bhandari
Secretary – Lesley Munro
Treasurer – Kirsty Watt
You do not have to have a role on the parent council to come to the meetings.
Braidburn Parent Council is part of a larger network of parent councils across Edinburgh. We take part in meetings with these wider parent council groups and Edinburgh City Council. This is an opportunity for us to hear what is going on at other schools and for all of the special schools to work together if we need to.
When we meet
These are the proposed dates of our next meetings:
- Monday 4 November 2019
- Monday 3 February 2020
- Monday 30 March 2020
Meetings are held in the Conference Room on the first floor of the School. They start at 7pm and finish by 9pm.
To get in touch, please fill in the form below.
There is also a parent-run Facebook group Braidburn School Parents Group. (Please note: this is a parent run Facebook page, not an official Braidburn School account; and it is not officially affiliated with the school).