Braidburn Parent Council brings parents and carers together with the school leadership team. We represent the views of parents to address issues, celebrate successes and support school improvement.
What we do
We meet at the School or Online HT report to Parent Council 19 January 2022about 4 times a year, usually on a Monday evening. All parents and carers are welcome to come along, join the discussion and hear about all the things going on in the school.
At our meetings we:
- talk about and decide how the parent council can help with issues raised by parents and carers
- hear the latest school news and achievements from the Head Teacher and Deputy Head
- sometimes invite people in to tell us about things that are important for our learners or the school
How we help
We help with a wide range of school needs and issues. Over the past couple of years, we have
- supported parents dealing with cuts to transport and playscheme provision
- organised an event for parents to hear about activities for disabled children
- paid for the catering at the family ceilidh
- made story and sensory bags for the children
Who we are
Our board is made up of parents and carers who have children at the school. The current people in the board roles are:
Chair – Kirsty Watt
Vice Chair – Gail Morris
Secretary – Lesley Munro
Treasurer – Claire O’Connor
You do not have to have a role on the parent council to come to the meetings.
Braidburn Parent Council is part of a larger network of parent councils across Edinburgh. We take part in meetings with these wider parent council groups and Edinburgh City Council. This is an opportunity for us to hear what is going on at other schools and for all of the special schools to work together if we need to.
Minutes of Previous Meetings/Documents
To get in touch, please fill in the form below.
To find out more about the role of Parent Councils and how CONNECT (formerly the Scottish Parent Teacher Association) supports parents and carers in children’s learning and school lives please visit www.connect.scot